Leader in Me
What is "Leader In Me?"
- A process that helps develop the essential life skills and characteristics students need in order to thrive in the 21st century.
- Uses Stephen Covey's, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People model, tailored to children and teachers in an education setting.
- Currently has been rolled out to more than 3,000 schools worldwide.
- For more information, please visit the Leader in Me website.
Why "Leader in Me?"
- Leader in Me encourages personal leadership-being accountable for actions and attitudes
- Initiative and self-discipline, making healthy choices
- Ability to work well with others, cross culturally and in teams
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Ability to solve complex problems and creative thinking skills
- Inspires greater self-confidence with a belief that very child can be a "leader of their own life," has unique talents and can make a difference.
- Teaches skills needed to be successful in the 21st century.
- Habit 1: Be Proactive
- Habit 2 — Begin With the End in Mind
- Habit 3: Put First Things First
- Habit 4 — Think Win-Win
- Habit 5 — Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood
- Habit 6 — Synergize
- Habit 7 — Sharpen the Saw
Habit 6 — Synergize
Together Is Better I value other people’s strengths and learn from them. I get along well with others, even people who are different from me. I work well in groups. I seek out other people’s ideas to solve problems because I know that by teaming with others, we can create better solutions than anyone of us can alone. I am humble.
7 Habit Foundations
Throughout the school year students are learning about the 7 Habit Foundations:
- Building a trustworthy character
- Focus on self mastery and internal control
- "Have you filled a bucket today?"
- "Choose your own weather?"
- Self management
- Problem solving
- Self Care